Have you ever wanted to manifest something in your life?
Whether it was that next promotion at work, or buying that dream house, it’s only natural to want your dreams to come true. Don’t we all!?
Have you ever written something down and had it come true before? Did you stop to wonder if there was actually a connection between the two actions?
They are definitely linked.
It turns out, writing things down can help with this process.
It helps you focus on your desires.
You collect your thoughts as you write them down, and give them the attention they deserve.
This helps draw in your attention, enabling you to concentrate all your energy on that one thing.
Let us dive in and dig a little deeper to understand just how this works, so you can be on your way to manifesting your dreams.
10 ways to manifest by writing things down
1) Acknowledge that anything is possible
Some people choose to give up on their dreams without even giving them a chance.
They use words such as ‘unattainable’, ‘not possible’, and ‘won’t happen’ because they believe they’re asking too much and don’t have the power to change their lives.
The truth is, this is the exact power you do possess, as long as you believe it’s possible.
This is the first step.
If this is something you’re struggling with, then try surrounding yourself with positive people. Their outlook on life will rub off on you and help you recognise that you really are capable of anything.
There is absolutely nothing stopping you from achieving the life you want.
Start believing in your dreams today, as it will open up a whole world of possibility.
2) Work out your desires
Start by working out exactly what your dreams and hopes for the future are.
In order to manifest something, you need to know exactly what it is you want in the first place.
For example, you might be looking to lose some weight. Instead of putting this as your desire, think about your end goal and why you are doing this:
- Is it because you want to run a marathon one day?
- Do you want to simply be a healthier version of yourself?
- Do you want to improve your mental health and the way you see yourself?
These are the desires that you want to manifest. Losing weight is simply the path you will take to reach that end goal.
Another example, you may want to save a certain amount of money each week. But, what is your aim? Is it to:
- Buy a house?
- Go on a well-deserved vacation?
- Have a good nest egg to fall back on in the bank?
It’s important to sort through your desires this way and determine exactly what it is you want to achieve. It helps to ask yourself exactly what the end goal of this desire is.
It’s natural to find this step a little daunting, to begin with. You might be afraid to lock in your desires.
But there’s no reason what you want to manifest can’t change over time.
As life changes, so do you, and you can change what you want to manifest at the same time.
3) Grab the pen and paper
Now that you know exactly what you want, it’s time to get writing.
This next step can be as simple or as detailed as you like – it’s entirely up to you.
You could grab some paper and write “run a marathon” and call it a day. You’ve pinpointed your desire and you’ve put pen to paper to help manifest it.
However, for many people, it helps to elaborate a little. This will help focus your mind to understand exactly what you want and why.
Here are some different ways you can write about your desires:
- Write about what it might feel like to achieve your goal: if your goal is to own your own house one day, think about how it might feel. “I am a homeowner now. I can change anything in my home without asking permission and don’t have to worry about moving when my lease is up.” It’s a great way to help you connect with that end goal.
- Put it in story form: write down exactly how you plan to make it happen, speaking as if you have already achieved it. “I remember putting away a bit of my fortnightly paycheque to save up. It wasn’t so hard once I got started and it was great watching that money adds up over time.”
How you choose to write it down is entirely up to you. Everyone is different, and choosing one method over another won’t impact your ability to manifest those dreams.
4) Enjoy the feeling of having it
Whether or not you choose to write in detail, this is still an important step.
Feeling exactly how you will feel once you achieve this goal is the perfect motivation to help you manifest it.
If you aren’t a big writer, then grab some photos or magazine snippets and add them to your paper. Or simply stick them up around you to help you on a daily basis.
For example, find your dream home and add it to your writing, or stick some pictures up around your home.
These pictures will help you stay connected with your goal each and every day.
5) Forget about it
Now that you have put your desires into writing and put in place some daily reminders to keep you on track, it’s time to just forget.
Letting go is very important when it comes to manifesting things.
If it’s on your mind each and every day and you start over analysing it, then you will find yourself full of doubt before long.
6) Enjoy life
If you become too fixated on achieving your desires, you lend yourself to missing out on a life that’s happening right in front of you.
You don’t have to forget about your desires.
But you do need to enjoy life as well.
If you are saving for a house, that doesn’t mean you can’t have the odd splurge every now and then. Buy yourself that jacket you’ve been eyeing off for months. Treat yourself to that night out with friends. Head out to dinner with your partner and enjoy some quality time together.
If you stop living because you’re too worried about dipping into your savings and not reaching your goal, then you’re going to start resenting your desire.
It’s not healthy.
And it takes away the sense of achievement when you manifest it, because you have given up so much to get there.
Make sure you still enjoy your life. Don’t go splash all your money on a holiday, but little treats every now and then are worth it.
7) Trust the process
It’s important not to get disheartened or to give up along the way.
It can be hard when you feel like you’re getting further and further away from your dream.
But the important thing is to believe in yourself.
Head back to that piece of paper and take a look at what you wrote.
Think about the frame of mind you were in when you first wrote it. How it felt. How much you believed in yourself.
See if you can get yourself back to that place.
To be able to successfully manifest something, you need to be patient. Give it time, be disciplined, and put in the work to reap the rewards.
8) Revisit your journal
In order to manifest your desires, it helps to revisit your writing every now and then.
As mentioned earlier, your desires might change over time. And there’s nothing wrong with this.
By coming back six months later and rewriting what you want and what your desires, you can then revisit what you have written in the place, and help your mind focus on what has changed.
For example, you may have been dreaming of owning a one-bedroom house one day. Now, you’ve met someone you love and are thinking about kids down the track.
That one-bedroom home now is a three-bedroom home, and you have someone else working towards this desire with you.
9) Be open to possibilities
Often, we have an idea of how we want this all to play out.
For example, you want to put aside a certain amount of money each week to help you save for that home deposit.
But, it’s important to keep an open mind that this money might come to you in other forms:
- You might pick up a side gig to give you some extra cash on the side.
- You might inherit some money from a relative.
- You might invest the money and get some good returns.
You have to be open to new possibilities. For example, if you’re too fixated on putting aside money each week, you might miss that opportunity to invest your money into something worthwhile.
By being open to the possibility that you might achieve your dream by taking a different path, you open yourself up to success.
10) Share it with others
Sharing what you have written down with someone close to you can be just what you need to stay on track and help manifest it.
Choose someone you trust and let them know your dream.
They may even have other suggestions on how you might be able to manifest it over time.
You can even ask them to write on the paper too.
Something encouraging about how they believe in you, so you can revisit it if the doubts start to creep in over time.
Of course, people aren’t always receptive to the desires of others. Whether it comes from a place of jealousy (because they have been unable to save any money), or they simply don’t believe in themselves so reflect that on you, be prepared that it may not go to plan.
If you don’t get the response you were looking for, don’t let it get you down.
Acknowledge that this person wasn’t the right person to go to under the circumstances and pick yourself up once again.
The only person who really needs to believe in you in yourself.
How does manifesting by writing work?
Writing down our thoughts is a well-known way to help keep our minds nice and focused. That’s why it’s always highly encouraged to keep a journal to make sense of your thoughts.
Here’s how it increases your chance of manifestation:
- Improves focus: your mind often runs wild, with so many thoughts coming and going throughout the day. In order for the law of attraction to work, you need to give your desire your undivided attention. Writing helps with this.
- Provides clarity: it’s one thing to want to own a home one day. It’s another to sit down and write about it. Putting pen to paper helps provide some clarity on your desires and flesh out what it is that you really want.
- Dispels doubt: it’s normal to have a number of different desires. Our mind changes each and every day. By focusing on the most important to you and writing them down, you’re adding a different dimension to your desire. You’re telling your mind that this one is important to you, and something you want to work towards.
- Acts as a reminder: life is busy and we often find ourselves off track and even further away from our desires. Being able to look back on what we wrote and reminding ourselves of why it was so important to us can help bring it back to the forefront of our mind, giving it the attention it deserves.
Manifesting your dreams
Being able to manifest your dreams and live the life you want is extremely freeing.
If you’re needing some help with it, then reach out to someone close to you and ask them if you can talk it through.
Sometimes it takes the opinion of an outsider for us to realise our desires.
Once you know what you want, write it down.
Before you know it, you will have manifested your desires while living your best life. There’s nothing better than that.