Have you ever felt lost and in need of guidance?
If so, have you ever considered turning to a psychic for support?
Well, I found myself in this exact situation not too long ago, and decided to give Psychic Source a try.
In this review, I’ll walk you through everything you need to know before deciding if Psychic Source is right for you. To prepare you for my review, here is the outline:
- My verdict: Is Psychic Source Worth It?
- Why you can trust this review
- What is Psychic Source?
- Are their psychics legit?
- Who Psychic Source can help?
- What type of problems can psychics help with?
- How Psychic Source works?
- Why I went to see a psychic?
- My experience with Psychic Source
- How Psychic Source helped me?
- How much does Psychic Source cost?
- The pros and cons of Psychic Source
- Are there any alternatives to Psychic Source?
- Is Psychic Source a scam?
So, without further ado, let’s dive into this review starting with my verdict.
My verdict: Is Psychic Source Worth It?
If you’re looking for some guidance and support in any area of your life, I think Psychic Source can be a great place to turn.
It was a really positive experience for me. My call offered me practical help, my advisor was compassionate and wise, and I left with a greater sense of peace and clarity over problems I’d been having in my love life.
Overall, Psychic Source is a reliable and credible service.
And speaking of credibility, let me tell you why you can trust this review.
Why you can trust this review
There’s a good chance you and I have at least one thing in common.
When I was deciding whether to give Psychic Source a go — wondering if it could help me, but a bit skeptical about whether it was actually legit — I took to the internet to read some reviews.
I went searching for honest opinions, but all I could find was promotions masquerading as reviews.
I wanted to hear from a real-life person who had used Psychic Source for themselves. I wanted to know what their genuine experience of it was.
That’s why I’m writing this now.
In short: this review of Psychic Source will be my honest experience of the service after having used it.
What is Psychic Source?
Psychic Source is one of the most established websites on the market offering a range of psychic reading services. They’re also one of the oldest websites that offer online psychics. They’ve been in business for 30 years, so they’re very well known in the industry.
On the website you’ll also find:
- Free horoscopes
- Free articles, videos, podcasts, infographics
- Free guides
The free resources aren’t specifically psychic based, although some are. There are also guided meditations and really practical support for all kinds of life challenges.
Everything from intuitive weight loss, to dealing with grief, embracing aging and breaking free of self-limiting beliefs.
I spent a lot of time looking at the freebies on the site before committing to paying for a reading. And part of the reason I did commit to having a call was that I was impressed with the quality of these offerings.
As for the actual psychic readings, there are a lot of different types to choose from.
Here’s a full list of the types of psychic readings they offer:
- Angel Card Readings
- Astrology Readings
- Cartomancy Readings
- Dream Interpretation
- Energy Work
- Lost Object Readings
- Love Readings
- Love Tarot Readings
- Numerology Readings
- Past Life Readings
- Spiritual Readings
- Tarot Readings
I opted for a love reading (I’ll share the gory details of my own circumstances below).
One of the unique things about Psychic Source (in comparison to other psychic sites) is that there are three options when it comes to having your reading:
1) Phone Readings
2) Online Chat Readings (aka a chatbox on your computer)
3) Video Readings
I really appreciated having these options. Sometimes you might be in the mood to connect face to face, but other times not.
You can also narrow down the psychics by the methods of communication available. (FYI: It’s worth noting that not all psychics do video calls).
Are their psychics legit?
If you’re anything like me, then this will be one of your biggest questions.
So, let’s take a look at who the Psychic Source psychics really are.
There are over three hundred psychics listed on the site, both men and women from all around the world.
You can search through the psychics using specific filters that include:
- Speciality. (For example, clairvoyance, energy healing, empath, etc.)
- Subject and expertise. (For example, love, career, destiny, loss, and grief, etc.)
- Tools they use. (For example, tarot, reiki, crystals, numerology, etc.)
- Reading Style (For example, direct, thoughtful, expressive)
The vast majority of psychics, mediums, and clairvoyants on the site are recruited through referrals.
Psychic Source also attends conferences, new age psychic fairs, and events to find experienced psychics.
Of course, there’s no way of 100% knowing if every psychic on the site is legit and sincere.
But it does seem that Psychic Source does their due diligence when it comes to making sure their psychics are the real deal.
- They have a code of ethics (which includes giving “authentic readings”, and “truly caring about clients”)
- They say they won’t tolerate “scare tactics” to try and encourage members to call back.
- They insist all psychics have a photo (so you can see who you’re speaking to)
Based on my own personal experience, I can say is that the psychic I spoke to was professional, warm, and genuinely helped me. They were definitely legit.
Probably the best thing to do is a bit of your own research on the website before selecting a psychic.
Each psychic has:
- A profile where you can get a general feel for the person and who they are, their expertise, etc.
- Reviews left by other customers who have used the psychic.
- An overall “rating” for their psychic services.
If you’re really struggling to choose, the customer service team also has a “staff picks” section with their own recommendations.
Just remember, if you don’t like the psychic you get, you can get a refund.
Who Psychic Source can help
Once upon a time in my life I would have definitely felt like a psychic service was a bit too ‘out there’ for me. But the older I’ve gotten the more open-minded I’ve become.
Psychic phenomenon is hard to conclusively prove because by its very nature there’s something undefinable or ‘other worldly’ to it.
That also doesn’t mean it’s not real though. But here’s the thing, putting the whole ‘are psychics real’ debate aside, there were also plenty of practical benefits to my reading.
Ultimately my psychic reading provided me with guidance when I felt lost, and acted as a sounding board when I was driving myself nuts from incessant thoughts going around and around in my head.
That’s why I’d say that a psychic reading is generally good at helping anyone who has doubts and worries in life to find some peace and answers.
I’ve tried both therapy and life coaching before, and in a funny way, my psychic reading offered me similar support.
It provided me with a non-judgemental space where I could find clarity and solutions for the problems that I felt were weighing me down.
What type of problems can psychics help with?
In a nutshell, psychics can help with pretty much anything and everything in your life.
On the website when you’re selecting your psychic there are 4 main umbrella topics:
2) Career and finances
3) Life, destiny, and meaning
4) Loss and grieving
Then within these categories, things get really specific.
For example, I came to Psychic Source looking for guidance on my love life. But even then, I discovered that there were plenty of specialist areas to choose from…
- Cheating/Wandering Hearts
- Finding love/Soulmates
- LGBT Relationships
- Sibling/Parental Issues
- Social Media Influence
- Toxic Relationships
Some of the subjects were really practical obstacles that we all face in life, and others I’d say were a little more mystical and spiritual in nature.
Here’s an outline for the other categories mentioned too:
Career and finances:
- Career Changes
- Co-Worker Disputes
- Financial Stress
- Manifesting Wealth
- New Job
- Office Romance
- Work/Life Balance
Life, destiny and meaning:
- Dream Interpretation
- Embracing Change/Getting Unstuck
- Law of Attraction
- Life coaching
- Lost Object
- Past Life Interpretation
- Spirit Guides
- Unlocking Psychic Abilities
Loss and Grieving:
- Coping with Death
- Incomplete goodbyes
- Loss of a pet
- Moving past grief
- Signs of Connections
How Psychic Source works
Although there’s a lot of choice on the Psychic Source website, luckily I found it all pretty simple to navigate.
You can quite quickly narrow things down by searching for:
- The type of psychic you want (e.g. clairsentient, clairvoyant, clairaudients – btw, if these terms are new to you, don’t worry there are detailed explanations of what it all means)
- The type of psychic reading you want (e.g. tarot, numerology, angel cards, etc.)
- The different ways to get a reading (video, phone, online chat)
It’s also quick and easy to get started. I had a long browse around the site first. But when you are ready to book a psychic reading here’s how it works:
1) You set up a prepaid account based on how much you want to spend on your reading. So for example, you’ll credit your account $10 for a ten-minute reading, $20 for a twenty-minute reading, or $30 for a thirty-minute reading.
2) You choose your psychic from a catalog of people, which you can narrow down by the different search criteria which I’ve already mentioned.
3) You make and confirm your appointment. When your appointment it will depend on the availability of the psychic you choose and the mode of communication (video, chat, or phone call). Some appointments can be instant if you want, but others you’ll need to wait for. If your appointment is for a later date, you’ll get an email reminder the day before.
To choose my psychic I went onto the “our psychics” section and narrowed it down by using the filters.
Personally, I selected the following options:
- Speciality — Love psychic
- Tools — Can read without tools (because I just wanted to talk really, rather than get a specific type of reading with tools like tarot or crystals)
- Reading Style — direct (because I like a tell it like it is approach)
Obviously the more specific you are, the more it narrows down the psychics.
I then made my selection based on a combination of the star rating, the price per minute (some had “offers” for cheaper calls), and my intuition of who I was feeling drawn to.
Why I went to see a psychic
Ok, I promised to spill the tea on what took me to Psychic Source in the first place, so here it is.
Let’s face it, I’m sure plenty of people turn to psychic readings when they feel like other solutions simply aren’t working.
They are looking for answers that they’re struggling to find elsewhere. I was no different.
I’d been having some difficulties in my relationship. I don’t want to go into massive detail (for obvious reasons) but let’s say I’d come to the point where I genuinely didn’t have a clue whether to stay or go anymore.
The pros and cons of my relationship were swirling around my head.
I’d tried speaking to friends and meditating for insight.
But I was still confused, unsure of my next steps, and quite frankly exhausted by the whole thing.
I’m already open to using what I’d call “spiritual tools” in my life.
For example, check my horoscope and am interested in how astrology might play a part in who we are and the events at play.
But I also hold my hands up and admit I don’t conclusively know what I “believe” or what is the “truth”.
I’d never used a psychic service before.
But what encouraged me to give it a try was that the other tools of divination I’ve used have brought me comfort and insight in my life.
I was keen to see if a psychic reading could do the same, or even more.
My experience with Psychic Source
My call began with what I’d say was a little bit of getting to know you.
My psychic was clearly trying to get a good understanding of what brought me to the service. She asked a few basic and also personal questions, which helped to make me feel like we established a connection before diving in fully.
This was a good way to ease into it, as I felt surprisingly nervous when the call first started and wasn’t sure what to expect.
Even though I’d selected to speak to a psychic with a “direct” approach, she was still really friendly and warm.
I’m grateful that she clearly made an effort to try and make this a positive experience for me.
After a few minutes, I then asked my psychic my main question (aka what I wanted to come away with from this reading).
My question was about whether I should end my relationship. So, I essentially wanted to know if we were right for one another, if we could find solutions for the problems we’d been having, or whether it was time to leave.
My psychic didn’t use any specific tools to find the answer, she worked more intuitively.
But after listening to me she offered her guidance and insights. She went quite in-depth into her answer, and then answered questions about other concerns/doubts I had.
This took around 10 minutes. Although the sessions will last as long as you want.
Once the session had finished, I also got a written copy of the answers emailed to me. This was super useful as the overthinker that I am, I knew I would want to go over things again later.
How Psychic Source helped me
Overall, my experience was very positive.
The psychic was kind and made me feel at ease. I definitely got more clarity about my situation.
It wasn’t necessarily how I would have imagined a psychic reading to be. There was none of this “you’ll meet a tall, dark, and handsome stranger” type of thing.
In many ways, it was more practical and grounded than that.
I found the feedback I got about my relationship pretty insightful, and a lot of it rang true for me.
As well as hearing someone else’s objective thoughts on the whole thing, it helped me get closer to my own thoughts and feelings.
I felt like I left the call with my own better intuitive read on where to go from here.
Generally speaking, here is what I got out of my psychic reading:
- A feeling of understanding from having someone listen to me without judgment
- More clarity on what I feel and think
- Greater confidence in myself to make the right choices
- Feeling less panicked about life and more peace of mind
How much does Psychic Source cost?
It’s difficult to give a precise figure for how much your call will cost, as it depends on several factors:
- Price per minute of the psychic you choose
- How long you talk for
- Any special offers (like free minutes)
My call was quite reasonably priced (under $20) as I used the special offer of a psychic who charged $1 a minute and also got 3 minutes totally free as a new customer.
From what I saw the price per minute of psychics ranged anywhere from $1-$18.99 a minute.
So, some psychics are more pricey than others. To stop you from overspending though there are several steps:
1) You are told how much you are spending before you receive a psychic reading, including the psychic’s rate per minute.
2) You are told how much money is in your account and you can’t start a call with an advisor unless you have enough funds to cover it. This means you won’t rack up a debt.
3) Only once the reading is done will you be charged for the time spent on the call and you always have the option of adding more money to your account if you want to speak for longer.
Let’s face it, a psychic reading is hardly a life essential, it’s clearly a luxury. But one that I did think was quite affordable. It cost me far less than the therapist and life coach I invested in.
If you haven’t used the service before it will be cheaper for your first time, as you can use the introductory offers:
- Psychics from $1 a minute
- 3 minutes free
The pros and cons of Psychic Source
Here’s what I liked most about my experience with Psychic Source.
- I loved the “tool” to help pair you up with the best psychic for you. It was actually quite fun to use (almost like a quiz) and helped me dig deeper into what I was really looking for from my reading.
- I really like that you can choose to have a video call, phone call, or just live chat with the psychics. I felt a tiny bit shy and opted for a phone call, but in the future, I think it would be nice to be able to see my psychic face to face too.
- As I just mentioned, there are a few introductory deals that you can take advantage of. This is particularly appealing for any bargain hunters like me. The “new customer” offers include 3 minutes free and paying as little as $1 a minute for your call.
- I was impressed by how many services were on offer, and the range of techniques and tools the psychics used. I’m sure there’s something for everyone. I’d also be keen to try some new styles out in the future. For example, as it was my first time I just had a regular love reading, but I’m curious to give the clairvoyance a try next time.
- As well as the website, there’s also a mobile app too so you can use your phone.
- There’s a money-back guarantee. This was huge for me in making me feel more confident with the services. Essentially it means that if you aren’t happy with your live reading, it’s free.
Here’s what I didn’t like about Psychic Source.
- Not all psychics are available for video calls. I’m guessing that’s because of their preference, which I respect. But if you prefer video, it’s not guaranteed your favorite psychic will be available on it.
- Some of the psychics can cost up to $18.99 per minute, so it’s not cheap. Although everyone is obviously on a different budget and the site caters for that with prices starting much lower.
- Although I was very happy with my reading, I wouldn’t say the answers I got from my psychic were totally mind-blowing. That was ok for me, as what I did get was really useful. It’s more a fair warning that if you are hoping a psychic will fix your entire life in 15 minutes your expectations might be disappointed.
Are there any alternatives to Psychic Source?
Maybe like me you are quite new to psychics and are still shopping around.
So here I’ll give an overview of some of Psychic Sources’ main competitors to compare.
These are the other quality psychic reading sites I found that I would say could be considered roughly on par.
Kasamba is a highly regarded site in the online psychic space. Their prices range from $1.50 to $20 a minute.
- They offer some special deals for new customers including 3 free minutes and a further 75% discount on the first call.
- Like Psychic Source there is a really wide range of psychic services on offer including some different options like fortune-telling, Kabbalah, occult readings (like spells, etc.), and palm readings.
- Compared to Psychic Source the website doesn’t provide as much free value. There are some articles, but no podcasts and videos.
- They don’t offer video calls
- I didn’t find the site as user-friendly to navigate
- Although there’s a wide range of psychic services, I personally found some of them a bit more “out there” and less practical than Psychic Source — for example, paranormal readings.
Keen is another site that’s been around for a long time (20 years). Their prices range from $1.99 to $9.99 a minute.
- The website was user-friendly and I liked the layout.
- They offer plenty of psychic services ranging all the way from life guidance to aura cleansing, feng shui, and more.
- Compared to Psychic Source, the introductory deal isn’t that impressive. The “special offer” is 3 minutes free.
- Again this site doesn’t provide as much free value as Psychic Source on the website. (Just articles, but no podcasts or videos.)
- They don’t offer video calls (only phone, live chat, and email)
- Some of the psychics were very expensive, including one at $50 a minute
Another big hitter in the psychic space seems to be California Psychics. Their regular prices range from $4 – $15 per minute.
- There’s an introductory deal for new customers to get a reading at $1 a minute.
- California Psychics have been around for 25 years, so are well established.
- There’s a reward scheme you can join to start earning points for rewards and special deals, etc.
- They don’t offer video calls.
- There seemed to be slightly fewer psychic services/variety on offer on this site compared to others (although there were still plenty).
Comparison at a glance:
|Regular Cost||Special introductory offers||Video calls available|
|Psychic Source||$4.99-$18.99 per minute||* First 3 minutes free
* $1 a minute readings
|Kasamba||$1.99-$30 per minute||* First 3 minutes free
* 75% off first reading
|Keen||$1.99 – $50 per minute||* First 3 minutes free||NO|
|California Psychics||$5-$15||* $1 a minute readings||NO|
Is Psychic Source a scam?
If you’re about to part with money, I think it’s always an important question to ask.
That’s definitely why I went in search of reviews before signing up. There are a lot of fakes and psychic scams out there in the online world.
Whatever your personal beliefs on psychic services, Psychic Source are legitimate.
Psychic Source has a good reputation in the industry and has thousands of customer reviews, as well as testimonials from people who’ve used the site for many years.
If you go to the reviews page on their website, there’s even video testimonials of skeptics to who they gave free readings in exchange for their honest feedback.
After having a psychic reading with Psychic Source, I can report that it definitely isn’t a scam.
Confused about what to do next?
A weird, new way to figure out what to do next is to get advice from the Psychic Love Robot.
This is a very sophisticated tool using advanced artificial intelligence and neural network modeling.
You ask a question and then share additional information about your situation.
The Psychic Robot then tells you exactly what to do.
It’s honestly mind-blowing. And it’s free for a limited time.
It may tell you exactly what you need to know.