Are you ready to rewire your brain with positive affirmations?
If you are, then start tonight with these top 55 positive affirmations!
Top 55 positive affirmations for every night
Did you know that any positive affirmation is more powerful when said before sleep?
Better Sleep explains that “by taking a few minutes before we drift off to sleep to say positive affirmations, we can set the tone for our dreams and help manifest our desires overnight, boosting our self-esteem.”
This means that you don’t have to focus on positive affirmations that have to do with sleep only. You can use any positive affirmation as long as it relates to your purpose.
For example, if you want to lose weight and you are already working on that goal, then it’s perfectly okay to use positive affirmations about weight loss before falling asleep.
The same goes for all other positive affirmations that you want to use.
Here are 55 positive affirmations for every night, broken down into 5 categories:
11 positive affirmations for a good night’s sleep
If you’re looking for a great night’s rest, then you can use the following positive affirmations to help you get the best sleep ever.
- I am safe and comfortable.
- I can fall asleep easily.
- I am letting go of all negative feelings and thoughts.
- I am relaxed and calm.
- My thoughts are peaceful and calming.
- I am letting go of all tension in my body and mind.
- Every cell in my body is relaxed and at ease.
- I am breathing easily and deeply from the bottom of my lungs.
- My body is totally relaxed and at peace.
- I am naturally going to fall asleep now.
- I am ready for a good night’s sleep.
As you can see, these are mostly related to general sleeping conditions. However, if you’re dealing with a specific problem, then don’t forget to mention it.
For example, if you’re having nightmares, you could affirm something like:
- My dreams are always positive.
- My dream world is full of positivity.
Or, if you happen to wake up very often, you could say:
- My sleep is deep and restorative.
- I can sleep for at least 7 hours.
11 positive affirmations for every night to boost your confidence
If you’re feeling down and you have a hard time believing in yourself, then these positive affirmations for every night will surely boost your confidence!
- My confidence is growing now.
- I love my confident and positive attitude.
- I love the confident person that I am becoming.
- My positive, confident, and powerful energy is taking over!
- My confidence makes me feel great about myself.
- My confidence feeds my inner glow!
- I am a confident, charismatic, and irresistible person to everyone around me!
- I am a positive, upbeat, and powerful person in every aspect of my life!
- I am becoming more and more confident.
- Every day, my confidence keeps growing and growing.
- My confidence makes me a powerful and attractive person!
However, if there’s something specific that shakes your confidence, don’t hesitate to include it in your positive affirmations for every night.
For example, if you’re having a hard time believing in yourself because of your past failures, then you can affirm something like this:
- I am no longer affected by my past failures.
- I am moving forward now with confidence.
11 positive affirmations for every night to achieve a certain goal
Do you want to reach a certain goal? Then, use the following positive affirmations for every night to help you get there.
- I am achieving my goals every day!
- The Universe is on my side and supports me all the way!
- I am capable of reaching any goal that I set for myself!
- My success is inevitable!
- My passion, dedication, and positive mindset make me unstoppable!
- Everything I do brings me closer to my goal.
- I am capable of achieving any goal that I set my mind to.
- I am committed to achieving every single one of my dreams and goals!
- My dedication and determination lead me to success!
- Each day, I get one step closer to my goals and dreams!
- I am on the way to achieving my dreams and goals!
In case you have a specific goal in mind, include it in your positive affirmations for every night.
For example, if you want to lose weight, then you could say:
- I am losing weight every day!
- I am managing my weight well and in a healthy manner.
Or, if you want to gain weight, then you could say:
- I am gaining weight every day!
- I am eating the right foods and getting plenty of the essential nutrients.
11 positive affirmations for every night that concern your health
Are you concerned about your health? Use the following positive affirmations every night to make sure that you’re healthy.
- I am in excellent health.
- I feel absolutely wonderful every day!
- I have a healthy, balanced diet that keeps my body and mind going!
- Every time I eat a meal, it feels so good!
- I am totally in harmony with my body and mind!
- I am in perfect health, and I love how good I feel!
- Every day, I am becoming more healthy and fit!
- All of my cells, tissues, organs, and systems work together in harmony.
- My body is in the most perfect state of health possible!
- Every day, my body gets stronger, healthier, and more fit!
- I am very healthy and fit!
In case you have a specific health concern, include it in your positive affirmations for every night.
For example, if you have high blood pressure, then you could say:
- My blood pressure is perfectly healthy and within normal range.
- I have a healthy heart and circulation.
11 positive affirmations for every night to attract more love in your life
It’s believed that love is a great healer, so if you want to attract more love in your life, use positive affirmations that state the following:
- I am open and receptive to receiving love and affection.
- I have amazing relationships with everyone around me!
- My relationships are real and meaningful to me!
- I attract the right type of people into my life!
- All of my relationships are wonderful and fulfilling!
- I love being in a loving relationship!
- I am surrounded by love and affection!
- I have an abundant supply of love in my life!
- I attract the people that make me feel loved and happy!
- My relationships are perfectly harmonious!
- I am loved and wanted in my relationships, and I love every minute of it!
In case you are facing a specific relationship problem or challenge, then you could include it in your positive affirmations for every night.
For example, if you’re dealing with jealousy in your romantic relationship, then you could tell yourself:
- My partner and I are completely open and honest with each other.
- I am the only woman/man in my partner’s life.
Positive affirmations for every night – How to use them
Now that you have enough examples, let’s talk about how to use them.
Positive affirmations are most effective when they are:
1) Spoken aloud with confidence and intentionality
According to Positive Creators, “you should be saying affirmations out loud because doing so is conditioning your mind to behave positively. When reading out loud we form auditory links in our memory pathways and this is why it is effective.”
In other words, by saying them out loud, you’re giving them more power and energy. You’re directly affecting your brain, causing it to “remember” your positive affirmations and activate the body and mind accordingly.
What’s more, saying positive affirmations out loud requires a certain level of confidence and self-esteem. You can’t say them with passion and energy if you don’t believe in yourself, to begin with. And that’s something that really will help you feel much better about yourself.
2) Used in an expansive, positive tone of voice
A positive tone of voice is another thing that will help you feel an abundance of confidence and energy for your affirmations.
You should be using a positive tone of voice when saying positive affirmations because this helps condition the mind to behave in a positive manner.
Che Garman, an author, explains it:
“When reading your affirmations, make sure that the voice you use sounds as positive and enthusiastic as possible. A positive tone of voice helps to generate the positive emotions you need, in order to get your subconscious mind’s attention.”
In other words, she means that you need to associate positive thoughts with a positive voice.
If you say your positive affirmations every night in a monotonous voice, then your subconscious mind will likely say, “Who cares? This is not important to me at all.” If that happens, your affirmation might fall on deaf ears.
3) Repeated as often as necessary for maximum benefit
The next thing that will help your positive affirmations work is to repeat them as often as you can.
You need to say positive affirmations over and over again until they become part of you – only then will they begin to change you.
In other words, if you want them to have any effect on your life at all, then associate these positive thoughts with yourself over and over again.
UW Medicine confirms it:
“Repeatedly saying these phrases builds new neural pathways in your brain, which strengthens positive thought patterns.”
To be more precise, repeating your positive affirmations is what activates them. It’s the repetition that gives it the power to create changes within you.
4) Written down and visualized for even greater impact
A positive affirmation should also be associated with your visualization of the result you want to achieve.
For example, when I say a positive affirmation, I also picture myself achieving it. By doing so, I can influence my brain to associate good things with myself and the result I want.
Positive affirmations, like any other technique, will be strongest when they are combined with visualization and action.
Here’s the confirmation:
“Real change comes with consistently practicing visualization and using affirmations to shape your reality.”
But why is visualization so important?
“Research has found that people who imagine themselves performing a task, improve their performance in that task without physically doing anything,” says Delamora.
5) Used in a state of relaxation or meditation for even greater benefits
It goes without saying that positive affirmations are most effective when they are used in a state of relaxation.
In this regard, it’s important to keep in mind that positive thoughts will be more effective if you’re feeling relaxed and calm.
Your mind should be somewhat busy, but your body should have entered a relaxed state. It’s during this time that your positive affirmations will sink deep into the subconscious, affecting it the most.
Also, remember to breathe deeply while saying them.
6) Repeated every night before bedtime
Last but not least, you should repeat the most suited positive affirmations every night before you go to bed.
Why every night?
“Practicing affirmations is effective before sleep because they allow us to bypass the conscious mind and speak directly to the subconscious or unconscious mind. This is a highly effective way to communicate our desires to the universe, as our subconscious mind is incredibly powerful and influential,” says Better Sleep.
Simply put, if you want to use positive affirmations every night effectively, it’s important to do so before going to sleep. That’s when the subconscious mind is most receptive to new ideas and suggestions.
Do positive affirmations work at night?
Would it be possible to listen to positive affirmations while you sleep and enjoy the benefits?
Let’s see what experts have to say about this:
“When you listen to affirmations during your sleep your subconscious mind accepts the affirmations without your conscious mind analyzing and rejecting them,” says Mike Tucker for Altered Mind Waves.
This means that listening to positive affirmations while you sleep can have very interesting results. It can help create goals and change the way you think about yourself in a way that you never thought was possible before.
You see, when your conscious mind is out of the way, your subconscious mind is much more receptive to those positive thoughts.
It doesn’t analyze them to figure out if they are true or not. It just assimilates them and makes them part of your default way of thinking.
However, this doesn’t mean that practicing positive affirmations during the day is not effective. It just takes a long time because you have to convince yourself that they are true.
So, if you listen to positive affirmations during the night, you can use them to create powerful changes in your subconscious mind at a much faster rate.
To do so, record yourself reading your positive affirmations. Don’t forget to use a positive tone of voice and say them with real passion.
The moment you lie on your bed and close your eyes, switch on the recording of your affirmations and listen to it quietly. Put it on repeat and let it play all night.
After a while, you will find that your positive affirmations work better than ever before. They will have created the subconscious changes you’ve always dreamed of having.
How many positive affirmations are too many?
When I started seeing how powerful positive affirmations are, I wanted to change EVERYTHING.
But, I soon found out that there are a few limitations.
You see, you can’t fully focus on 100 positive affirmations. You can’t fully put your energy into them.
If you try to focus on too many, you will soon find out that they don’t work as well as they did before.
That’s why, “some people use only one affirmation at a time, others have long lists for each dream. In general, somewhere between 3 and 15 is a good number for your daily practice,” says Utterly Positive.
So, choosing your number is more important than you might think. It’s all about finding the right balance between practicing positive affirmations at a good pace and taking it slow enough to feel it in your body.
It all comes down to finding the balance that works for you.
Personally, I find that focusing on 5 positive affirmations every night is enough to achieve the results I want. Any more would be too much for me.
But, you may find that more of them work best for you.
Remember: everyone’s different. So, choose the number that you feel comfortable with and stick to it.
How do I write positive affirmations for myself?
In case you can’t find the perfect positive affirmation for what you want to achieve, you might be wondering how to write a positive affirmation.
Well, it isn’t as difficult as you might think. There are a few rules to make sure that your positive affirmation will be the best it can be.
Here’s how to do it, according to Mind Tools:
Pick something about yourself or your life that you’d like to change
You can start by thinking about what you’d like to change.
You could pick an everyday problem, such as “I don’t have enough energy”, or something big, such as “I have a terrible relationship with my father” and make the first positive affirmation about that.
While doing so, make sure to choose things that truly motivate you; things that you know you can accomplish.
What I mean is, don’t make your first positive affirmation about winning a billion dollars in the lottery.
Don’t do that; you know you have no control over that, and it would certainly not be enough to motivate you to go through the practice of positive affirmations.
Turn anything negative into something positive
Let me explain:
Instead of saying “I don’t want to be fat anymore” it would be better to say “I am slimmer every day.”
Instead of saying “I don’t want to be alone anymore,” you might want to say “I am surrounded by people every day.”
If you turn something negative into something positive, it will change the whole meaning of the statement.
A positive affirmation must be just that: positive!
Don’t turn it into something negative. All you have to do is to look at it from a different angle and turn any negativity into something positive.
Make sure that you can actually realize your goal
One of the golden rules when writing positive affirmations is to make them as realistic as possible.
If you can’t make it realistic, don’t even bother writing down the affirmation. Let it be and focus on something else to work on instead.
Make sure you are fully aware of what you should do and how to do it, as well as what you can’t do in your current situation.
Always use the present tense when writing affirmations
“Write and speak your affirmation as if it’s already happening. This helps you to believe that the statement is true right now,” suggests MT.
Write it as if you are already experiencing the desired result right now. Don’t put yourself into the future; write about what you want to be, not about what you want to achieve.
For example, instead of saying “I will lose weight,” a better affirmation would be “I am losing weight every day.”
Positive affirmations for every night are a powerful tool that you can use to change your life.
All you have to do is pick a specific one, make sure it’s doable, focus on it, say it out loud with passion, and repeat it every night.
Just one session every night is enough to experience the powerful impact of positive affirmations.
So, what are you waiting for?
Include positive affirmations for every night in your daily practice and you will witness the power of your thoughts at work.
Confused about what to do next?
A weird, new way to figure out what to do next is to get advice from the Psychic Love Robot.
This is a very sophisticated tool using advanced artificial intelligence and neural network modeling.
You ask a question and then share additional information about your situation.
The Psychic Robot then tells you exactly what to do.
It’s honestly mind-blowing. And it’s free for a limited time.
It may tell you exactly what you need to know.