Have you ever felt like there’s something wrong or missing in your relationships?
Perhaps you can’t find the kind of love you want or your relationship with your friends and family has become toxic.
What you’re missing is balance in your heart chakra. Achieve this, and your ability to form fulfilling relationships will follow.
In this article we present you an extensive list of powerful affirmations plus a step-by-step guide on how to use them to improve your relationships.
What is Heart Chakra?
You might already be familiar with the word “Chakra” before. It describes the centers of spiritual energy in the body.
There are seven of these in alignment from the crown of the head to the root of the spine.
And of these seven, the fourth chakra, also known as Anahata or heart chakra, lies at the middle and connects the three lower chakras and the three higher ones.
It is a link to all feelings of compassion, love, and trust for the self and others. It also governs the body’s will to change and transform, controlling your ability to maintain healthy boundaries and relationships.
Though the energies it governs are subtle, the heart chakra is a source of deep, unfathomable, and abstract principles that we sometimes feel we cannot explain.
So when there is a disruption or blockage in the flow of the heart chakra, you will feel problems in the aspects of your heart and mind that the heart chakra governs.
Why you need to unblock your heart chakra
The heart chakra is responsible for your relationships, both with yourself and with others. There’s a particular focus on love and forgiveness.
So you can expect some disruptions in these things if there’s a blockage in the flow of your fourth chakra.
You may become overly sensitive, or even downright reject help or love that others offer you. There is a pervading sense of worry and unease.
Without knowing it you’ll end up building walls around your heart that will leave you feeling heartbroken, cold, and lonely.
You might feel empty, or there is a lingering sensation of heaviness. There is an invisible weight that you cannot shake off… and you might even find yourself pushing others away for no real reason.
But there is a reason. It’s just not something that you can easily see on the outside.
Not only that, there are physical manifestations of the gate blockage such as:
- Heart problems
- High/Low blood pressure
- Circulatory problems
- Breathing problems
- Chest pains
- Muscle tension
It might seem overwhelming to even think of unblocking your heart chakra. How do you regulate the flow of energy you can’t even see?
But unblocking your heart chakra and bringing positivity back into your life is easier than you might think.
Ways to unblock and balance your heart chakra
As you can see, it is very important to keep the chakra gate open.
But don’t despair should you find your heart chakra blocked or disrupted.
With a bit of focus and work, you can unclog your heart chakra and encourage the energy to flow freely once more.
Here are ways to do it:
This has been a proven method to have a positive effect on our feelings of self-worth. It has transformative results on stress and mood.
When we gain reverence for how much our physical bodies can achieve, we improve the state of our chakra, especially the heart.
Yoga is a great way to bring the chakras into alignment so you can regain balance.
There are many poses you can try that will open up the heart and chest like the bow pose or camel pose, and the more challenging ones like bridge, or half-moon.
Try a session of heart-opening yoga flows. Even a couple of sun salutations will do you good since it incorporates the cobra pose.
Practice good breathing. The heart chakra governs the organs close to the chest including the lungs and its element is air.
With proper breathing, we expand to a healthier state and a stronger life force.
This is an excellent way to relax a turbulent heart. Get into a good position to maximize the flow of energy.
Utter the “Om” sound slowly to stimulate vibrations that sharpen the mind and thus increase the level of concentration.
How affirmations help unblock the heart chakra
Affirmations are positive statements that promote wellness of being and awareness.
They are designed to boost and inspire your self-confidence and faith in yourself and the universe.
They are in the present tense to emphasize your being in the moment and the current state you are in.
They promote the healing of a blocked gate from negative experiences as an effective, transformative tool towards self-care.
In this particular case, it’s all about matters of the heart, relationships, and fulfillment because that’s what the heart chakra encompasses.
When you completely immerse yourself and focus on these affirmations, the universe will gravitate towards that energy and balance will be restored. Affirmations are an excellent way to drive out the negative emotions that might hinder you to achieve openness.
Heart chakra affirmations for better relationships
There are specific affirmations that are especially useful in helping you unblock the flow of energies through your heart chakra.
These affirmations are related to the many concepts governed by the heart chakra—love, relationships, forgiveness—and are just as varied.
It’s up to you to find and choose the ones that make the most sense to you and your situation, and focus on them.
When you have the concept down, you can even add your own. The important thing is that you choose what you believe works the best for you.
Here are some heart chakra affirmations you can recite to improve your relationships.
Heart chakra affirmations for single people looking for love
- I am enough.
- I am capable of accepting love.
- I am capable of giving love.
- I attract good partners.
- I am worthy of pure love.
- I attract love in all forms.
- I have a lot of love to offer.
- I welcome love with open arms.
- I listen to my heart.
- I live my life as a pursuit of love and happiness.
- My heart is free.
- I am not afraid to love.
- I let go of the pains of previous relationships.
- I love myself fully.
- I am ready.
- I am vulnerable but safe.
- I trust myself.
- I find love everywhere around me.
- I am good.
- I am beautiful the way I am.
Heart chakra affirmations for better marriage
- I am selfless.
- I am grounded and have a place to belong.
- I am a kind partner.
- I deserve love.
- I give attention to the partner I love.
- I have a supportive partner.
- My relationship is harmonious.
- I receive love in abundance from my partner.
- I am doing my best with my marriage.
- Mistakes can be forgiven.
- Respect begins with love.
- I am not alone.
- I focus on my partner’s best qualities.
- The first step to reconciliation comes from me.
- I am worthy of affection and care.
- This relationship is a priority.
- It is okay to reward myself.
- I am vigorous and full of vitality.
- I am willing to be at peace.
- I do not harbor feelings of resentment.
Heart chakra affirmations for better romantic relationship
- I am worth it.
- The power of love overflows from me.
- I am open to receiving love.
- I deserve a fulfilling relationship.
- I am willing to be happy.
- I allow myself to feel good.
- I am grateful for each perfect moment.
- The past has no power over me.
- I choose to love.
- I am worthy of genuine love.
- My partner accepts me for who I am.
- Love flows through me.
- I learn from my past.
- I see the best in my partner.
- I feel safe in love.
- My love is powerful.
- Love is effortless.
- I am with the person I choose to be with.
- I love tenaciously.
- I am important.
Heart chakra affirmations for better business partnership
- I am open-minded.
- I accept those who are different from me.
- All relationships are rewarding.
- I choose to be with good-natured people.
- I attract a trusting relationship.
- The more I give, the more I receive.
- My decisions are inspired by love and compassion.
- I see opportunities wherever I go.
- I live in the moment.
- I am true to myself.
- I let go of negative experiences.
- I feel good about the future.
- I break free from the shackles that hinder my success.
- I create supportive relationships.
- I let go of self-doubt.
- I choose to be generous.
- I am worthy of blessings.
- I find ways to connect with others.
- I accept different views from mine.
- I honor boundaries.
Heart chakra affirmations for better parent-child relationship
- I am grateful.
- My best is good enough.
- I am learning through my mistakes.
- I am giving this relationship the attention it deserves.
- I am ready to receive blessings.
- I let go of all resentment.
- I live in harmony.
- My heart is open.
- Mercy is infinite.
- I manifest joy and happiness.
- I realize the preciousness of life.
- I appreciate every blessing no matter how small.
- I release painful thoughts.
- I love unconditionally.
- I am loved.
- I trust my family.
- I recognize the inner child in me.
- I will not leave someone to be alone.
- I forgive myself.
- I will not allow hate to take over.
Heart chakra affirmations for a better relationship with colleagues
- I trust others.
- I live in harmony with others.
- I can communicate well with other people.
- I am worthy of the compliments I get.
- I relate to others with understanding.
- I treat others with compassion.
- I am doing my best.
- Mistakes are opportunities for improvement.
- I share a loving light to those around me.
- I relate to others with understanding.
- I am worthy of mercy and compassion.
- I experience joy in everything I do.
- The happiness I feel is experienced by everyone that surrounds me.
- I am forgiving.
- I help where I am capable.
- I share my success with those around me.
- I am united with everyone.
- I accept my talents and flaws equally.
- I choose joy instead of judgment.
- I say kind things about others.
Heart chakra affirmations for a better relationship with friends
- I am grateful for having loving people in my life.
- All relationships are meaningful.
- I have a wonderful support system.
- Friendships come easily to me.
- I am a positive influence.
- I acknowledge and give attention to others generously.
- My friends can be themselves when they are with me.
- I am surrounded by love.
- I attract good, kind and loving people in my life.
- I see the beautiful traits in my friends.
- I share happiness.
- My happiness is reflected back to me by the people I attract.
- I live with empathy.
- I forgive easily.
- I let go of the judgment I have toward others.
- I have an infinite supply of love to give.
- I am cherished.
- I am patient.
- I am sensitive to others and their pain.
- I am open to transformation.
Heart chakra affirmations for healing broken relationships
- I am strong.
- I am capable of forgiveness.
- I choose to love myself.
- I nurture this relationship and give it importance.
- I release the negativity brought by the past.
- I am healing.
- My feelings are valid.
- I am gentle.
- I take a step forward, no matter how small.
- I am whole.
- I believe.
- I decide my own happiness.
- I deserve better.
- I am grateful for the past, no matter how painful.
- I have more to give.
- I am allowed to feel all these emotions.
- I matter.
- I look forward to new beginnings.
- I do not fear love.
- I am changing.
How to do it the right way (step-by-step guide)
To begin the healing process, you need the time and space to concentrate and hear your thoughts without worrying about the world beyond you.
Lighting incense or diffusing aromatic oils such as jasmine, lavender and rose will also help you calm down and relax.
Once you’ve got yourself a good spot, it’s time for you to begin.
1) Tune the world out.
Take deep breaths and focus all your attention on it. Focus your mind on yourself, and tune out any worries and thoughts you might have towards the outside world.
2) Connect to your heart chakra.
Place your hand on the center of your chest, close your eyes, and begin the process of attuning yourself to your heart chakra.
Imagine a green spiral circulating where your hand is. Green is the color attribute of the Anahata. The green spiral will have a calming effect and will loosen any tension that might be blocking the chakra.
Imagine the green color as a light slowly radiating throughout your body, from the center towards the top of your head and the root of your spine to the tips of your toes and fingers.
4) Recite your heart chakra affirmations.
Say the affirmations whether out loud or mentally, while you have your mind set on the flow of energy through your body. The trick is to believe it with all your heart for it to work.
Dos and Don’ts for more powerful affirmations
As the fourth and middle chakra tying the higher and lower chakras together, you could say that the Anahata plays an important role that affects our entire being.
Opening blockages and getting the energy to align will need a bit of work, but with the right environment and approach, your heart chakra can flow within you and beyond.
Do some self-reflection
Affirmations are there to guide you to turn wishes into reality and encourage healing. But we must learn to look deep into our inner being and ask ourselves uncomfortable questions. Even if a past is painful, it needs to be explored so that you can direct your healing towards it.
Create a good space for meditation
Surround yourself with nature, as nature has been proven to lift the mind, body, and spirit. Being out in the open also encourages fresh air which is the element of the heart chakra. If it is not possible to go out, find something green or bring in a plant indoors since green also represents the Anahata.
Say your affirmations out loud
These heart chakra affirmations can be said out loud. Sometimes it’s better for you to remember if you hear it. It feels more empowering as you utter the words because you promise it to yourself. Research has shown that saying things out loud motivates you better, helps you focus and avoid self-criticism.
Maintain good posture
When you feel down and uneasy because of the blockage, you have a tendency to droop down, hunch or curl the spine inward. This is not a good thing for the Anahata. You need to keep your spine straight to encourage openness even as you do your everyday tasks, sitting down or standing up. This also helps you with your breathing, an essential function for the heart chakra.
Write them down
You can write these affirmations down on a post-it at work to constantly remind yourself of them. You can choose any particular ones that struck you most or when you felt the most resonance and paint it on a canvas to display on your wall. The bigger the letters, the bolder you will feel. You can also just keep things private and write them in a journal.
Turn them into a habit
Try and incorporate saying these affirmations everyday, or whenever you find the chance. Dedicate even five minutes to think of at least one or two affirmations that you want to focus on for the day and connect your experiences to them.
Eat and drink for the healthy heart
The heart chakra is all about self-love. Green fruits and vegetables are best for it like kale, broccoli, cucumbers, zucchini, celery and avocado. Rose tea is a heart-opening beverage you might want to try. But guess what? So is cocoa. So get yourself a mug of hot chocolate for a quick boost.
Perform acts of service
Expose yourself to the suffering of others that you are not aware of. Broaden your horizons, expand your compassion and empathy. Try to do some volunteer work so that you practice giving and loving without expecting anything in return. It doesn’t have to be grand gestures if you think it’s too much for a healing heart. You can do little things to show your understanding and care towards a partner, a family member, or a friend.
Believe with all your heart
These affirmations work such that if you believe them and tell yourself long and hard enough, the universe will conspire to manifest them. Remind yourself of what you desire and more importantly, your capability in making things happen.
What to expect when you’re doing heart chakra affirmations
When the Anahata is in perfect balance and alignment, you will feel lighter and healthier.
You will be more accepting of yourself and others, and as you open up more, energy will just flow through you and experiences will be much easier to understand.
You will be enveloped by a wonderful sense of love, joy, and connection to all things around you.
But don’t expect it to happen so fast because like anything in life, you need to work on it step by step and keep at it for a number of days until it becomes a part of you.
As with wounds in your physical body, blocks in the heart chakra take time to heal.
The changes may be small and subtle, but you yourself will know that it is taking place.
The people you affect will also feel it and the radiance you cast will slowly expand to a brighter light.
Putting in the effort to keep your heart chakra healthy and open might seem daunting at first. Especially so when you’re struggling with the effects of a blocked heart chakra.
But as you can see from this article, it’s not that hard at all.
Moreover, it’s well worth the effort.
Compassion, love, joy—the heart chakra is involved in all of these, and a healthy flow of energies through your heart chakra can mean a world of difference.
Small things can go a long way, and once you build up that initial swell of positivity it becomes easier and easier to keep your positivity flowing.
Confused about what to do next?
A weird, new way to figure out what to do next is to get advice from the Psychic Love Robot.
This is a very sophisticated tool using advanced artificial intelligence and neural network modeling.
You ask a question and then share additional information about your situation.
The Psychic Robot then tells you exactly what to do.
It’s honestly mind-blowing. And it’s free for a limited time.
It may tell you exactly what you need to know.